Monday, November 16, 2009

Rainbow cake

Hey, this is a recipe I made at my Aunts house. It was so good I thought I would post it one here too. Here's a picture of it too. :)

1 box of cake mix

All of the things you need to make the cake

4 different flavors of Jell-O gelatin mix (I used cherry, orange, lime and berry blue.) oh yes, and whatever you do, don't use grape! lol I am not sure myself, I think maybe the flavor of maybe the color...

2 16 oz cans of frosting, make sure you do get two because I got one bigger one and it was DEFINITELY NOT enough!

butter, or whatever you use to greasing the pans (we also floured it)

Circle pans, four if you have that many or you can bake two at a time.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake mix following directions on cake box. Divide batter equally into 4 bowls, about 1 cup per bowl.

2. Mix 1 tablespoon Jell-O powder into each bowl, one color per bowl. stir until blended. Feel free to add a little bit more to the bowl if it's not as bright as you would like.

3.Pour batter into greased and floured round cake pans, 1 color per pan. Put the pans in the oven for 15 min. Or until the cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from pans. When all are completely cooled, spread yellow frosting between each layers ( you can buy yellow frosting or use food coloring) Cover outside with blue frosting ( they say to put 6 drops of food coloring but I put one it it was dark enough)

And there you have it! lol hope whoever makes it, loves it! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...