Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Starting fresh

Alright, I've been gone a long while and I have really been missing my blog. I really changed up (and all by myself I might add) and really like the new look. :] Do you?

I know I've lost followers but that's ok, I totally understand because I hadn't blogged for half a year! Anyway, glad to be back and I hope you're glad too. ;]

Okay so I've matured through these five-ish months, haha not really but I did go to Haiti! It was absolutely amazing, best experience I've ever been through.


The biggest thing we did was a VBS for the kids, on the first day we had 150 kids and on the last day we had 250. Crazy but amazing.



Cutest bunch of kids you'd ever see. Makes me wanna go back to see them again.


  I just love how happy they look you know?







I'm pretty sure they are sisters..anyway they both loved getting their picture taken. <3


We got to Haiti on Saturday and then on Sunday we went to church. This is it right here. packed. full. no joke, people outside around the building e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e. So awesome to see. We had no idea what was going on because our translator came in after half of it was over but it was so awesome! At one point they all just started praying out loud, it was pretty cool to see. There were no restrictions nobody cared what you did, and you could just feel God in that room.


That is the beginning of a tent city, did you know that the tent cities are actually cleaner than the actual city? We went on a prayer walk here prayer walks can be awkward, but they really are amazing.






I love how the roofs in Haiti are flat, because here there's snow and so it can't be flat. We were on the roof every night, not that we stayed up late (like 7:30 or 8:00) because it got dark around that time. Sunsets were beautiful, weather gorgeous, so breezy in the evening. I loved it.






We got bubbles out and the Haitians just swarmed us, crazy fun times. :]


Well there you go! I would love to tell you more but it would take a book to write ;] That's just a sample of all the pictures.  (by the way I did not take these photos, my team leader did, I don't want to take credit for something I didn't take. We put all our pictures in one big thing are sharing them. I would have taken A LOT of photos but I didn't want to bring my new camera and get it stolen {like my money did}.)

Well I need to head off to the kitchen to make dinner, have a great evening!

2 comments:

Deb Simon said...

I love the new look of the blog Sarah!!! :)

Marissa said...

Okay so I LOVE your new blog look! love it.
2nd, I'm so glad you got to go to Haiti! What an amazing experience. I bet it opened your eyes to many things.

Love you!♥
Samarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...